For now, this will be the last egg recipe. Promise! Unless I find some crazy, fantastic sounding recipe, I refuse to even pick up an egg. I will not make a quiche or a frittata. I’ll even stay away from my favorite – sunny side up on whole wheat toast. It will be a while before I blog anything even close to resembling these recipes.
This is basically the same quiche recipe I made last week with some small changes.
Spinach and Turkey Bacon Quiche (6 servings = 5 points plus)
One frozen pie crust
4 egg whites
1 cup nonfat milk
1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
Handful of chopped fresh spinach
Two slices of cooked turkey bacon, chopped
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cook turkey bacon and chop.
3. Mix eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
4. Add spinach and turkey bacon. Mix. Then pour into pie crust.
5. Cook at 425 for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for another 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
The inside was very light and fluffy and made delicious leftovers. After I finish the rest tomorrow, I will not be making any more egg based foods. My next few meals will be cheesy, meaty, egg-less bliss!